Wicked Performance Group EJ257 shortblocks are the solution for Subaru owners, enthusiasts and dedicated racers looking for a trouble-free engine designed and built specifically for their car. Rather than accept the inconsistencies in the OEM factory machining and aftermarket drop-in parts, we machine EVERY case we build to our exact specs. We choose specific internal components and adjust the build specs accordingly rather than settling for a one-size-fits-all shelf unit. Our engines will perform the job you need them to do, giving you the peace of mind that can only come with a custom build.
Our EJ257 packages start at $3000 using your block as a core. Rather than spend the money on a new OE case, spending it on machine work for a serviceable core ensures you won’t just end up with the same kind of case that failed you the first time. We have a few other options for connecting rods and crankshafts for our standard builds. If you are not sure what you need, we can assist you in choosing the right parts, and of course we have other options available, those listed below are the most popular.
Wicked Performance Group shortblock package, starting at $3000:
- EJ257 case machined to WPG specs:
- Precision CNC line bored main journals
- CNC bored and honed cylinders
- CNC resurfaced decks (seasoned blocks only)
- IAG closed deck +$600 (optional)
- New OEM case set +$900 (optional)
- Darton Sleeves available (contact for pricing)
- New Subaru EJ257 surface hardened crankshaft
- Re-conditioned OEM rods honed to WPG specs
- New EJ257/EJ255 “181” OEM Subaru rods: +$180 (optional)
- Manley H-Beam standard rods: +$240 (optional)
- Manley Turbo Tuff I-beam rods: +$640 (optional)
- CP Pistons: 8.2:1 CR, 99.75mm bore
- Dry-film coated ACL standard size main bearings
- Dry-film coated ACL standard size connecting rod bearings
- New Subaru case bolt set
- New OEM case O-rings, sealing washers, piston pin circlips
- Measured and built to custom tailored specifications at WPG
In addition to our EJ257 packages, we also offer EJ22, EJ205 and EJ207 build packages as well as drop-in shortblocks from IAG Performance, please contact us for more information if you are interested in one of these options.